Saudi Fashion by a Sexy Arabian Model

In my previous article, I had the privilege to post an exclusive interview with Fadi, otherwise known as Arabian Fella and Fadi Cherry.

Born in 1978 of a Lebanese father and Saudi mother, Fadi spent the first 18 years of his life in Lebanon until he moved to Saudi Arabia where he has lived and worked as a model and creative director in an advertising firm ever since.

Last year, Fadi ventured to London where he enrolled in the University of the Arts to obtain a Master's Degree in Fashion Design.

In this article, I wanted to learn firsthand from an Arabian model about the fashion scene in Saudi Arabia. Fadi was more than happy to share his knowledge and experience.

I have not been to Saudi yet… What can you tell me about Arabian men?
Great people, simply…

What do Saudi men wear today?
Depends on each house and how conservative it is. But mostly the new generation is into casual clothes. Still the traditional “thob” is a must in special events and occasions.

So, which brands are popular among the new generation?
The same brands that are popular for other youth in Europe, and everywhere. Sometimes, I guess, a new collection is released in the Gulf and for Arabs before Europe, and the reason is obviously that Arabs are good buyers.

How would you describe the sense of style by Saudi men?
Sometimes I wish there were programs on TV to teach guys what to wear and etiquette. Most of our TV programs are about politics and social problems. Few young guys take fashion as it is but rather drop it on them without taking into consideration what suites them and what doesn’t…or how to cut their hair based on their face shape and bones. Nonetheless, there is a huge percentage of high fashion people who are well dressed and very charismatic.

As an Arabian—the Arabian Fella—what is your philosophy behind dress?
I believe the way you dress and behave is a first impression to get an idea of what a person is.

Do you know of any Saudi menswear designers?
No sorry, I am not familiar with that. I never practiced modeling in Saudi, I was so busy with my job as a creative director in an advertising firm. I used to practice modeling when I traveled to Europe or the Middle East. Though, I am sure there are great designers there.

Thank you, Fadi, and the best of luck to you!

Photos Copyright Arabian Fella.