Julia Roberts for ELLE

Eat Pray (that you) Love (my movie).

Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2010 Collection


ELLE Magazine September 2010 issue
Photographers: Tom Munro/Alexei Hay/Carter Smith

Julia's got that Eat Shit and Die movie to plug, so she's out there doing her little strut to sell tickets. First, the colorful, and skirting right up to the edge of being a little bitchy, soundbites.

On her family with husband Danny Moder: “The children became the shooting stars of him, of that thing we have. How lucky we are that we love each other so much that we burst into three pieces.”

On her acting skills: “I have no acting technique. And there’s nothing more boring than actors sitting around talking about acting.”

On working with directors: “I’m always asking those guys to tell me what they want. The same with George Clooney. ‘Name it for me,’ I tell him, ‘and I’ll do it.’”

On behind the scenes with the cast of the Ocean’s movies: “Those boys! I was the only girl there. One day George Clooney put these giant potted trees in front of my door so that I couldn’t get out to work. I pride myself on being punctual! You didn’t want to leave your camera lying around, either, people were breaking into each other’s rooms, taking them, and let’s just say you didn’t want your mom picking up your photos at Walgreens! Photos of unidentifiable body parts.”

On botox/the plastic surgery trend in Hollywood: “It’s unfortunate that we live in such a panicked, dysmorphic society where women don’t even give themselves a chance to see what they’ll look like as older persons. I want to have some idea of what I’ll look like before I start cleaning the slates. I want my kids to know when I’m pissed, when I’m happy, and when I’m confounded. Your face tells a story… and it shouldn’t be a story about your drive to the doctor’s office.”

It's pretty boilerplate stuff. "As a mother... plastic surgery is for lesser people... I LOVE all my co-stars!!! ... I'm known for being very professional on set." It's like shaking a Magic 8 Ball.

Let's go to the pics:

Nylon-and-elastane corset dress, Dolce & Gabbana. Platinum
and diamond earrings, bracelet, all, Bulgari. Her own rings.



Cotton and lace dress, silk and lace bodysuit, $1,295, both, Dolce & Gabbana.
Platinum and diamond bracelet, Bulgari. Her own rings.


Chiffon gown with cutout floral and paillette detailing, Roberto Cavalli.
Gold bangles with gemstones, from Beladora. Her own rings, snake bangles.


Brocade dress with sash, Etro. Yellow and rose gold necklace with white,
yellow, and green diamonds and carved lemon topaz intaglio, Sevan Biçakçi. Her own rings.


1970s Pauline Trigère silk chiffon dress, from Frock NYC. Pearl, ruby, emerald, and rose-cut diamond bead necklace set in gold, gold and diamond bangle, both, Neil Lane Jewelry. Beaded bracelets with lapis, carnelian, or onyx, Me&Ro. Gold bangle with ruby and sapphire, from Beladora, Beverly Hills. Pavé diamond heart ring, David Yurman. Other rings, her own.


Vintage Indian silk dress, from Keni Valenti Retro-Couture. Fossilized ivory heart pendant necklace, Me&Ro. Pearl, ruby, emerald, and rose-cut diamond bead necklace set in gold, Neil Lane Jewelry. Pavé diamond heart ring, David Yurman. Nylon socks, We Love Colors. Leather boots, Bess. Other rings, her own.


Leather and shearling coat, Burberry. 1960s Thea Porter embroidered chiffon dress, from Decades Inc., L.A. Suede hat with pheasant feather, Eugenia Kim. Pearl, ruby, emerald, and rose-cut diamond bead necklace set in gold, Neil Lane Jewelry. Fossilized-ivory heart pendant necklace, beaded bracelets with lapis, carnelian, or onyx, all, Me&Ro. Enamel bracelets set in yellow gold, some with sapphires or diamonds, Jean Schlumberger for Tiffany & Co. Nylon socks, We Love Colors. Leather boots, Bess.


Well, alright. It's still a pretty egregiously "actress-y" editorial but we have to admit that, due to the combination of her dramatic bone structure and her actor's ability to know how to use her face, it's pretty good as far as these things go. Grumble grimble begrudgingly grumble grumble.

[Photo Credit: elle.com]

Post a Comment

Labels: , , ,