SOPOPULAR Is Getting So Popular

American rock band, Nirvana, was formed 1987 in Aberdeen, Washington, by singer and guitarist Kurt Cobain.

The group became popular in 1991 with the lead single, Smells Like Teen Spirit, which “popularized” grunge music amongst Generation X, whose spokesman was media-appointed Kurt Cobain.

Although uneasy with attention, Kurt Cobain has bequeathed us many quotes, which not always made him popular with everyone. Here are some of my favorites:

“Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.”
“I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.”
"I am not gay, although I wish I were, just to piss off homophobes.”

Kurt Cobain uttered one statement in an interview with MTV, which has since become a legacy in the German fashion industry: “it is tough to be so popular.”

Inspired by these words, James Ardinast, his brother David, and Daniel Blechman launched SOPOPULAR in 2008, in an successful attempt to translate young streetwear styles to a more mature male audience.

When it comes down to tailoring, these designers strive for perfection with high-quality German production of top-grade materials. That's why it is getting so popular!



Photo 2009 a/w collection by SOPOPULAR.
Slide show 2009 a/w collection by
SOPOPULAR.